"Jesus said, 'Go and make disciples of all nations...' "
Matthew 28:19



Tuesday, January 4, 2011

January 2, 2011



Hello everyone! This is the first update directly from Uganda! I think I can safely speak for everyone, this has been an incredible journey and it’s not even half way over. We have had opposition but thankfully the Holy Spirit has been with us and carried us safely to one place after another. On our first day in Kampala, we got the magnificent privilege of visiting the Archbishop Nkoyoyo orphanage, called The Chain Foundation. As we pulled up in the driveway they began to clap and cheer. Immediately, we were all impacted greatly. There were nearly 200 orphans in the school and around 30 of them are blind. There’s a school within the orphanage and they showed us around and everything they were proud of at their home. As they sang for us, we all noticed this one blind boy, he was singing and dancing with gusto. His clapping wasn’t rhythmic and his singing wasn’t in tune but he was the one that impacted me greatly. As I watched him, the tears began to swell up. I thought, as I watched teary-eyed, they have so little and he is blind even, yet he celebrates all of the things that God has given him. The lyrics to the song were, “Lord, I want to thank you for the love and care You’ve given me.” I think that I question God’s love and care for me all too often, and I have so much. I know that the way the little blind boy was celebrating his father is how it will be in heaven. Praise God! We also saw the Nile! And lots of monkeys! We are having a great time with Bishop Gakumba in Gulu, with a lot of plans to see the town, meet the people, and take lots of pictures and videos. Can’t wait to share them! Thank you all for your prayers for our trip! Please continue as we’re not even home yet. I love you all dear brothers and sisters. 
--Leila

No comments:

Post a Comment